District of Columbia taxicab rates effective June 1, 2013
- First 1/8 mile: $3.25
- Each additional 1/8 mile: $0.27
- Wait Rate per hour: * $35.00
- Hourly Contract Rate ** $35.00
*Wait Rate begins five (5) minutes after time of arrival at dispatch location. No wait time charged for premature response to a dispatch. Wait time charged while taxicab is stopped or slowed to less than ten (10) miles per hour for longer than sixty (60) seconds. Wait time charged for delays or stopovers at the direction of the passenger.
**Hourly Rate of $35.00 for the first one (1) hour or fraction thereof, $8.75 for each additional fifteen (15) minutes or fraction thereof.
- Taxicab passenger surcharge per trip $0.25
- Dispatch Fee $2.00
- Additional Passenger (regardless of number) $1.00
- Declared Snow Emergency Fee $15.00
Use the FARE ESTIMATOR tool to calculate the estimated fare. Please note that the calculated fare is an estimate and is not reflective of time, weather, traffic and other conditions. The actual fare calculated by the in-vehicle time and distance taximeter is the official fare for your trip.
- Group or Shared Riding: as each passenger arrives at his or her destination fare due shall be paid by passenger(s) leaving the cab.
- Shared Riding Venues: Union Station, Verizon Center or Nationals Park or other locations designated by an administrative order of the Office of Taxicabs
- Airport Surcharge or Toll Paid: if any, amount charged shall be the same amount that was paid.
- Delivery Service: same rate as single passenger unless vehicle hired by the hour