Driver News (September 18, 2017)
Taxicab Operator’s Pocket Guide : Click to review the Easter Seals Project Action’s taxicab operator guide. This pocket guide covers driver responsibilities for serving passengers under the ADA, disability etiquette, mobility aids, assisting customers with service animals, and passenger responsibilities. Taxicab ADA Brochure Frequently Asked Questions on Taxi PDF version
Taxicab ADA Brochure Frequently Asked Questions on Taxi PDF version : This brochure outlines in question and answer format taxicab companies’ responsibilities under the ADA and is geared toward managers and owners.
New Transport DC Payment Procedure: Transport DC payments just got a little easier with the new Transport DC fixed rate function on the digital meter for credit card payments and receipt printing. First tap ‘BUSY’, then tap ‘FIXED FARE HIRED’. Then enter $5.00 and tap ‘CREATE” then tap ‘STOP’. At this point, the customer will be able to process their credit card and request receipt.
Transport DC Events: Yellow Cab is participating in three Transport DC events in the coming week;
– Samuel Kelsey Community Health & Resources Fair, will be held Wednesday, September 20th from 10 AM – 2:30 PM at 3322 14th Street NW – Ward 1.
– Guy Mason Senior Program – 3rd Annual Health & Resource Fair, will be held Friday, September 22nd from 10 AM – 2 PM at 3600 Calvert Street NW – Ward 3.
– Resources and Services to the Resident of DC Jail, will be held Monday, September 25th from 9:30 AM – 1 PM at 1901 D Street SE – Ward 6.
Cashier Availability: Cashier, Sonya Flowers, will not be in the office on Wednesdays. Any notary or other business that needs to be handled by her should be done on her other working days. Paul Williams will be assisting in the Cashier’s office on Wednesdays.
Rental Tickets: Effective immediately, any driver that receives a traffic ticket for one of the company rentals will have up to two-weeks to pay the ticket. After that time, no rental charges will be accepted until the ticket is paid in full. If the driver wishes to contest the ticket in DC court, a Power of Attorney from Yellow Cab will have to be filed. Power of Attorney is given at the discretion of management on a case-by-case basis.
Rental Equipment: We must reiterate that drivers turning in rental vehicles must leave the tablet in the vehicle. Tablets are designated to the vehicle and taking them out causes confusion.
Portable MINI Thermal Printer Guide: For non-drivers that are having issues loading paper rolls into their new Bluetooth printers, below is a how-to guide to assist you. You can also access the full length instruction manual here.
DFHV Extends Deadline to Install DTS: The deadline to install digital meters has been extended from August 31st to October 31st. Despite the extension Yellow Cab is aggressively moving forward with the conversion to digital meters. It is imperative that we get this project completed as quickly as possible and review its full impact and get all issues resolved. There is no going back to taxicab meters so there is no need to delay.
Tip for Drivers With Digital Meter Upgrade: If the fare on your digital meter turns RED (inactive), check to see if the RESUME button is displayed. If it is, press RESUME and the fare should turn WHITE (active).
Sign-On Issues UPDATE: The issue with drivers suddenly becoming ‘UNAVAILABLE’ during their shift has been resolved. Drivers still experiencing issues when signing-on should forward their Face ID, Driver License and PVIN to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist to get you reinstated. The difficulties you are experiencing are initiated by Department of For Hire Vechiles (DFHV) since they now control your ability to log-in to the system
Vehicles On Demand (VOD Pilot) Notes: The Vehicles on Demand (VOD) pilot program is ongoing. The success of the program is dependent on the drivers dedicated participation. Please reference the link below for assistance: http://help.dctaxi.com/setup-for-drivers/how-do-i-handle-corporate-account-trips or click to view and print the VOD Quick Reference Guide
DC TaxiApp Launch: The DC TaxiApp is now a reality and in full service. All DC taxicab drivers must be signed into the DC TaxiApp on their smartphones or tablets while on duty. If you would like the DC TaxiApp on the same iCabbi tablet already installed in your car please come to the office and one of our technicians will gladly do it for you.
- Sign-Up: If you have not already done so, sign up and claim your account with the DC TaxiApp for Drivers by going to http://driver.dctaxi.comon your mobile device. Download the app from the Google Play or Apple App Store and sign up. If you experiencing any issues going online and claiming your account. Here is a video and guide to get started: http://help.dctaxi.com/setup-for-drivers/day-one-with-dc-taxi-app-for-drivers
- Support: Send an e-mail to email@example.com your Face ID and an account manager will assist you within 24 hours.
- Payment: To find out about payments click on this link: http://help.dctaxi.com/setup-for-drivers/how-do-i-get-paid-as-a-driver.
- Resource: To view and read the entire help resource for drivers click on this link: http://help.dctaxi.com/setup-for-drivers
Here is the NEW edition of the DFHV Newsletter