Driver News (December 10, 2018)
Tax Information Deadline: If you have changed your address anytime during 2018, please make sure that you update that information with the front office by January 10th, 2019. Yellow Cab must mail all tax information to drivers by January 31st, 2019.
iCabbi Bluetooth Dome Light Control Switch Installation: The deadline for the automated domelight controller device installation, per DFHV mandate, has now passed. If you are not in compliance, you are subject to fines and vehicle impound by the DFHV. In addition, all drivers & PVINs not completed have been reported the the DFHV. If you have not had the installation done, please do so immediately. The devices are $65 per unit and $30 for installation at Bass & Treble. Please come to the office to pickup the device. Installations will be done at Bass & Treble and YCDC.
New DTS Agreement: All Yellow Cab drivers will be expected to sign a new DTS agreement the next time they’re in the office. DTS agreements will be available at the front desk. For more information or details, please see Chris Williams or call (202) 546-7900.
Face ID: As requested the Driver Face ID image was removed from the back-seat credit card equipment. Drivers must display their Face ID on the visor. Failure to do so could result in the issuance of a citation.
YCDC Driver Online Resource: Driver training materials were added to the dedicated driver web site www.ycdrivers.com and will use site as the main source for driver communication and online sharing resource.
One Stop Cards Available Online: Moving forward, One-stop forms will be available for drivers via the Yellow Cab Company portal. Drivers will also be permitted to submit one-stop forms online. Here are the online procedures on how to access and submit the forms online.
Taxi Butler: There are now 26 Taxi Butler locations throughout the city. Here is a list of locations with the installed Taxi Butler device.
- Adams Inn – 1746 Lanier Place NW
- Avenue Suites Georgetown – 2500 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- Del Mar de Fabio Trabocchi – 791 Wharf Street SW
- Fairfield Inn – 2305 New York Avenue NE
- Hampton Inn and Suites, Navy Yard – 1265 First Street SE
- Hampton Inn Hotel – 501 New York Avenue NE
- Hilton Garden Inn – 1225 First Street NE
- Holiday Inn Suites -1917 Bladensburg Road NE
- Homewood Suites – 465 New York Avenue NW
- Homewood Suites by Hilton – 501 B New York Avenue NE
- Pod DC Hotel – 627 H Street NW
- Courtyard Marriott – 1325 2nd Street NW
- Hive Hotel – 2224 F Street NW
- Willard Intercontinental Hotel – 1401 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- Intercontinental Washington DC – 801 Wharf Street SW
- Hampton Inn Washington DC White House – 1729 H Street NW
- Greenbriar Condominiums – 4301 Massachusetts Avenue NW
- Cathedral Avenue Apartments – 4200 Cathedral Avenue NW
- Ted’s Bulletin – 505 8th Street SE
- Kimpton George Hotel – 15 E Street NW
- SEI Restaurant – 444 7th Street NW
- The Kennedy-Warren – 3131 Connecticut Avenue NW
- Homewood Suites – 1475 Massachusetts Avenue NW
- Residence Inn – 333 E Street SE
- Hyatt Place – 24 N Street NE
- Ingleside at Rock Creek – 3050 Military Road NW
Is Uber Headed For A Crash?: For the better part of this decade, the ride-sharing platform Uber has moved from small start-up to international transportation powerhouse. However, several missteps along the way have raised questions about the long-term tenability of their financial success. Investors hope that the upward trajectory of the business will eventually lead to Uber becoming profitable, but many are starting to wonder whether Uber’s business model is broken. Read the New York Magazine article here.
How Autonomous Vehicles Will Change The Future: Imagine a future with self-driving cars. The idea of kicking back and relaxing on a long commute is within humanity’s grasp. But also consider the residual effects of the driverless vehicle; eliminating all factors that contribute to congested traffic, stagnant parking lots and road rage due to reducing human error are other added benefits. Expects believe that autonomous vehicles will transform cities and suburbs in a multitude of ways. Read the Newsweek Article here.
Easter Seals Taxicab Operator Guide: This pocket guide covers driver responsibilities for serving passengers under the ADA, disability etiquette, mobility aids, assisting customers with service animals, and passenger responsibilities.
Taxicab ADA Brochure Frequently Asked Questions on Taxi PDF version: This brochure outlines in question and answer format taxicab companies’ responsibilities under the ADA and is geared toward managers and owners.